Blog webekm.com the ekm.
Download from BIGTheme.net free full premium templates
András Vass, Conductor
Place / date of birth: Tîrgu-Mureş (Romania), 4th of May, 1979
Citizenship: Citizen of Hungary
Phone: +36 / 30 / 4920098 and +36 / 20 / 4498506
Concerts and Professional experience:
- 2009 – present Permanent Conductor, Pannon Philharmonic Orchestra, Pécs, Hungary
- from 2006 – Training Conductor, Budapest Festival Orchestra, Budapest, Hungary
- 2005-2006 Assistant Conductor of Maestro Iván Fischer, Budapest Festival Orchestra, Budapest, Hungary (As winner of an international competition organized in 2005 by the Budapest Festival Orchestra)
- 1995-1997: piano and celesta player in the Tirgu-Mureş Philharmonic Orchestra
Concert cycles and series:
- 2014 – 2016 Mendelssohn symphonies 3-5 with Pannon Philharmonic Orchestra
- Guest conductor at Mozart, Bach and Schumann – Mendelssohn, Ravel, R. Strauss, Prokofiev Marathon Concert Series and organized yearly by Budapest Festival Orchestra and Palace of Arts, Budapest
- Orchestra studies and faculty leader, guest conductor at Crescendo International Summer Academy (2012 Sárospatak, Hungary, 2014 Tokaj, Hungary)
- 2004 Verdi evenings with Mrs. Eszter Sümegi and Tirgu – Mures Philharmonic
- 2002 – 2004 Mozart Piano concertos with Dana Borsan and Tirgu-Mures Philharmonic;
Budapest Festival Orchestra, MÁV Symphony (Budapest), Miskolc Symphony Orchestra, Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music Symphony Orchestra (Budapest), Savaria Symphony, Matáv Symphony (Budapest), Sibiu Philharmonic, Solti Chamber Orchestra, Franz Liszt Chamber Orchestra, Pannon Philharmonic Orchestra, Hungarian National Philharmonic Orchestra, Lappeenranta City Orchestra, Transylvania State Philharmonic Orchestra Cluj, Moldova Philharmonic Iași, etc.
Opera and ballet conducting (premieres and performances):
Verdi: Falstaff – 8 performances - 2012 February – May; Donizetti: L'elisir d'amore – premiere and 14 performances - 2014 February – May; Mascagni: Cavalleria Rusticana and Béla Faragó: A Glass of Water - world premiere – premiere and 14 performances - 2016 February – May (all with The National Theatre of Pécs); Mozart: The Magic Flute – premiere and 3 performances - 12th, 13th, 14th of October 2012 - (Opera Festival at Baja, Hungary); Gounod: Roméo et Juliette – 6 performances - 2013 April – May (Pannon Philharmonic Orchestra); The Nutracker – 7 performances in 2021 és 2022 (Pannon Philharmonic Orchestra);
Concerts with several famous artists:
Peter Frankl, Erika Miklósa, Barnabás Kelemen, Kristóf Baráti, Dénes Várjon, István Várdai, Olli Leppäniemi, László Fenyő, Eszter Sümegi, Dana Borsan, Olivier Latry, György Lakatos, Zoltán Kocsis, Tünde Szabóki, Marie-Elisabeth Hecker, Dejan Lazić. Andrea Rost, Emőke Baráth, Ludwig Mittelhammer, Alexander Buzlov, Máté Szűcs
- 12 years of Piano at Music School and High School of Arts, Tirgu-Mures.
- 2 years of study with composer Boldizsár Csíky.
- 5 years of Orchestra Conducting with Mr. Ervin Lukács, András Ligeti and Tamás Gál, after entering the Conducting Class of the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music, Budapest with maximum score.
- 2 years of percussion at Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music
Diplomas and awards:
- 1997 high school final examination, piano class: specialized and a general certificate, as the best student of the year.
- 2004 declared Master of Music in Conducting, grade of diploma: Diploma with Honors.
- 12th of June 2003 awarded with “Donáth Ede” memorial prize.
International competition jury membership:
- 11th edition of the International Conducting Competition Jeunesses Musicales Bucharest
Orchestration (for large symphony orchestra):
- Schubert: String Quartet in D minor “Death and the Maiden”, D 810 – released on CD in 2013 (live concert recording), recently released as a new recording in the U.S. by High Definition Tape Transfers – Texas Music Festival Orchestra conducted by Franz Anton Krager
- Grieg: String Quartet No. 1 in G minor, op. 27
- most of the greatest ABBA hits, Barbara Streisand repertoire, Frank Sinatra/Robbie Williams/Michael Bublé swing repertoire
Hungarian, Romanian and English (speaking and writing very well), Italian (beginner)